Today we are going to discuss as how to make money blogging. It is what one desires after starting a blog. Those who still don’t have a blog can check my guide for starting the blog. This is step 1.
Steps To Make Money Blogging
- START YOUR BLOG
- CREATE USEFUL SEARCHED BLOG CONTENT
- GENERATE TRAFFIC FOR BLOG CONTENT
- SELECT MONETIZING METHODS
1. Start Your Blog
For making money blogging , the first step is to start your blog. No money is possible without a blog. A blog needs to be started on a topic you are really passionate about. You can talk about it endlessly.
If you still don’t have a blog. You can easily start a blog in by checking my article How To Start a Money Making Blog. It is a complete guide on blog setup.
2. Create Useful Searched Blog Content
When you have a blog, the next important step is to create useful blog content. A useful content is one that answers your blog visitor queries and is helpful in solving his problems.
You should never create content for the sake of your personal interest.
A content that you like need not be what people really wan’t. Create content what people are searching. You should use Google Keyword Planner to find out the search trends. This is what I use for selecting the topic for blog post
Google Keyword Planner is a free tool you can use in Google Ads. You need to register for Google Ads for using it.
On typing the topic word in keyword planner it shows the search volume as well as related terms with volume. For example I have a blog on gifts. Now I want to make an article – Gifts For Women.
The term gifts for women has monthly search of 60500. It also show similar searched words with trends. This means you can go with this term or the similar words for blog post topic.
Now create a quality content on a this useful searched topic.
The purpose of making useful searched content is to have people come you rather than you searching for blog visitor. Making money becomes super easy.
3. Generate Traffic For Blog Content
Now you have made the blog post, the next important step is promoting your blog. Publish at least 10 high quality articles before you start with this process. Making money blogging happens when there are visitors for your blog content.
You can use the following methods to generate traffic for blog content.
- Google SEO
- Guest Blog Posting
- Built A Newsletter
Well seeing the list above, it will make you feel it is an arduous task to promote. The best approach in the beginning is to pick one of the methods.
Rather than trying to be an all rounder in the beginning, it is always better to focus on one promoting strategy.
Diversification of traffic promotion strategy should be used when
your blog is established. This will further scale up your blog traffic.
4. Select Monetizing Methods
There are plenty of ways to monetize your blog. The best way to get going
This one of easiest way to earn money. Companies would love to promote their products and services on your blogs. They look for relevant blogs for promotion.
1) Display Advertising on Blog : Graphic advertisements are inserted at the top, sidebars, inside the article or at the bottom of your blog. Once you have a decent blog traffic you can start with Google Adsense. This one of the easiest way to get started. But remember you need high traffic to have this as main source of income. You will be earning $2-$5 per 1000 views. Use this source as one of monetizing source when you have a decent traffic.
2) Sell Ads: You sell blog spaces like sidebars, top etc to various advertisers. It can be done directly or by using services like BuySellAds. Ideal make money blogging method for a very popular blog.
3) Advertising in Videos, Newsletter & Podcast
4) Sell Sponsored Posts : When you have a well known blog, companies will approach you directly to write for their products & services. This article is published on your blog.
5) Write Reviews : It is somewhat similar to sponsored posts. You write a review for a product & get paid. You can approach sites like PayPerPost for review offers.
This is where you should focus your energy . You earn a commission when someone buys a product from your clicked links. Bloggers earn a great amount of income from this source. Some of them even earn $50000 per month from affiliate marketing. There are many affiliate programs to select. Based on your niche you should promote products.
This method is your training ground for selling your own products in future. Learn first to sell other people’s product. It will hone your marketing skills. Then you can use these skills to sell your own products. Where ultimate money lies.
Selling Your Own Products
Once you have mastered selling affiliate products, you should sell your own products. By using this monetizing method you will make ultimate money of your dreams. You achieve a monthly 6 figure blogger money or ever more. The type of products you can sell online are
1) Digital Products : These are digital files you sell online. Downloaded instantly. You don’t have to ship or maintain inventory. It can be sold unlimited times. You don’t have to reproduce it again & again. Things that are sold as digital products are
- Sell eCourses : Course you sell online to teach people skills
- E-book : Selling your own digital book is a great income source
- Stock Photos
- Printables : Planner Pages, Flyers, Cards, Brochures, Calendars, Artworks etc
- Plugins, Themes, Apps or Code Snippets
2) Physical Products : Any product that is shipped to the customer. Shipping costs are incurred & inventory records are maintained. I am not in favor of starting with these products in the beginning. Bloggers normally sell some of the following products.
- Books & Files
- Handicraft Products : You can open up a shop at etsy
- Any Merchandise : Sell T shirts, Mugs etc at Amazon, eBay
3) Services : Bloggers provide various services to their visitors. Depending on their expertise, they charge money for their services. Example of services are
- Virtual Assistance
- Freelancing & Staff Writing
- Decoration & Organizing